Copyright ©2012 The Associated Press. Produced by NewsOK.com All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
Ryan Broyles will be out with a collarbone injury. ASSOCIATED PRESSThe redshirt freshman suffered a broken collarbone during a closed scrimmage before the team went on spring break and will miss the rest of spring practice, coach Bob Stoops said Monday. But Broyles is expected to be out just a couple of months, putting him back with the team sometime during the summer and long before fall practice begins. "He was doing really well,” Stoops said. "This shouldn't be that big of a deal.” Broyles was having perhaps as productive a spring as any offensive player before the injury. "I was sick when Ryan Broyles got hurt because he was getting more reps than anybody,” wide receivers coach Jay Norvell said. "We were putting a lot of pressure on him to learn and he was having a heck of a spring. "I was pleased with his progress before he got hurt.
Broyles out for rest of spring, should be OK for fall
NORMAN — Oklahoma receiver Ryan Broyles spent the first four spring practices dazzling coaches and teammates with his knack for making big plays.But now, he'll spend the remainder of the spring standing on the sidelines.
NewsOK Related Articles
Ryan Broyles will be out with a collarbone injury. ASSOCIATED PRESS
Sports Photo Galleriesview all
- 13061Oklahoma tornadoes: Plaza Towers Elementary School teacher shoved students into bathroom as wall collapsed
- 11652Oklahoma tornadoes: Cost, custom keep basements scarce
- 5853Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 5268Downtown wish list includes Super Target
- 4547OU softball: Sooners inspired by Casey Angle, run-rule Texas A&M
- 4352Finding Addyson – One family's struggle in the Moore tornado
- 4093Oklahoma City pastor will face trial in fatal shooting of son-in law