Teen dies after shooting in southwest Oklahoma City
A 17-year-old male died early today after he was shot while sitting in front of a house in the 5500 block of S Pennsylvania Avenue, a police spokesman said.
Angel Ramirez is Oklahoma City's 16th homicide victim this year, Master Sgt. Gary Knight said.
Shortly before midnight, witnesses told police someone riding in a gray Ford Mustang fired several shots, striking Ramirez, Knight said.
Ramirez was taken OU Medical Center, where he died, Knight said.
A description of the shooter wasn't available.
Anyone with information about the shooting is asked to call Crime Stoppers at 235-7300.
See our commenting and posting policy.
News Photo Galleriesview all
- 13515Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 10081Oklahoma tornadoes: Cost, custom keep basements scarce
- 9722Finding Addyson – One family's struggle in the Moore tornado
- 8902Oklahoma tornadoes: Plaza Towers Elementary School teacher shoved students into bathroom as wall collapsed
- 6661Miranda Lambert, Reba McEntire, Vince Gill to join Blake Shelton at "Healing in the Heartland" Oklahoma tornado benefit
- 5295Oklahoma tornadoes: Woman meets the military officer who shared the clothes off his back
- 4594Story behind the photo: Family members describe desperate search for one another after EF5 twister