Kelly not pleased with OU after pro day
NORMAN — Former Oklahoma wide receiver Malcolm Kelly didn't have the pro day performance Wednesday that he wanted.
And he's putting some of the blame on OU.
Videoview all videos
Apr 10Malcolm Kelly is one of the good guys. I think.
Apr 9With everything on the line, former Sooners receiver...
Apr 9Former OU receiver Malcolm Kelly is disgusted with the...
NewsOK Related Articles
Kelly, who ran the 40-yard dash in 4.68 seconds, said he wasn't told by the OU strength staff until this morning that the location of the pro day had been moved from Astroturf in the Mosier Center to field turf inside the Everest Indoor Training Center.
OU strength and conditioning coach Jerry Schmidt said the location had been changed Wednesday morning at the request of the NFL scouts, who felt the field turf at the Everest Center would be closer to the surface run on at the NFL Scouting Combine.
"I had everything set up for where I wanted to do it at," Kelly said. "I get up here this morning and it's a whole different deal. This is my life. It's got to do with me and my family. This is what I do, play football, and I'm supposed to run as fast as I can. I was slipping all over the place during my drill work. I can't say I'm pleased with anything today."
Kelly said he had been preparing for the last month to test on Astroturf and was running the 40 in under 4.5 seconds on that surface.
News Photo Galleriesview all
- 10457Oklahoma tornadoes: Cost, custom keep basements scarce
- 9286Oklahoma tornadoes: Plaza Towers Elementary School teacher shoved students into bathroom as wall collapsed
- 5848Downtown wish list includes Super Target
- 4983Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 4420Oklahoma City pastor will face trial in fatal shooting of son-in law
- 4301Oklahoma tornadoes: Price family recovering after some heavy blows
- 4216How to help tornado victims