Copyright ©2012 The Associated Press. Produced by NewsOK.com All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
OU NFL prospects
This weekend, Oklahoma could have three players selected in the first round, and as many as 10 players taken overall.Here's a breakdown of the former Sooners who have a shot of being drafted:
NewsOK Related Articles
Malcolm KellyPosition: Wide receiver Stats: 49 catches, 821 yards, nine TDs Ht./Wt.: 6-4, 225 Combine/pro day snapshot: 4.68 in 40; 32-inch vertical Projection: First round Upside: Kelly arguably has the best hands of any receiver in the draft. He's also a big, physical presence who should complement teams stocked with smaller, shiftier receivers.
Curtis LoftonPosition: Inside linebacker Stats: 157 tackles, three INTs Ht./Wt.: 6-0, 238 Combine/pro day snapshot: 4.67 in 40; 32-inch vertical Projection: Second round Upside: Lofton has a knack for creating big turnovers and made a bunch of tackles in college. He runs well sideline-to-sideline, and when he gets there, he knows how to deliver the big hit.
Reggie SmithPosition: Safety/cornerback Stats: 78 tackles, 3 INTs Ht./Wt.: 6-1, 199 Combine/pro day snapshot: 4.61 in 40; 39.5-inch vertical Projection: Second round Upside: Smith has probably not yet tapped into his full potential, despite a good and productive college career that earned him first-team All-Big 12 honors last season. Smith also has the versatility to play either safety at corner, and he has game experience at both.
Allen PatrickPosition: Running back Stats: 1,039 yards, eight TDs Ht./Wt.: 6-1, 198 Combine/pro day snapshot: 4.
Sports Photo Galleriesview all
- 21543Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 10852Oklahoma tornadoes: Woman meets the military officer who shared the clothes off his back
- 8707Oklahoma tornadoes: Thunder reverses the role, takes a turn at cheering on the community
- 8666Finding Addyson – One family's struggle in the Moore tornado
- 8648Hobby Lobby argues case before federal judges
- 7837Blake Shelton's "Healing the Heartland" televised tornado benefit set for Wednesday at Chesapeake Energy Arena
- 7718Story behind the photo: Family members describe desperate search for one another after EF5 twister