Copyright ©2012 The Associated Press. Produced by NewsOK.com All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
Durant to represent Sonics at NBA Draft Lottery
Rookie of the Year Award winner Kevin Durant will represent the Seattle SuperSonics at this year’s NBA Draft Lottery on May 20 in Secaucus, N.J., a team spokesman said Monday.The Lottery is the NBA’s annual event that determines which teams will have the draft’s top three selections as well as the remaining order of the 14 non-playoff teams. The Sonics have the second best chance to land the No. 1 overall pick in the June 26 NBA Draft, and the team is guaranteed a top five pick. Kansas State forward Michael Beasley and Memphis point guard Derrick Rose are the consensus top two picks in this year’s draft. The Sonics have a 19.9 percent chance of getting the No. 1 overall pick, an 18.8 percent chance of the No. 2 pick and a 17.1 percent chance of landing the No. 3 selection. Former Sonics Vice Chairman and President of Basketball Operations Lenny Wilkens represented the team at last year’s Lottery. The Sonics entered last year’s Draft Lottery slated to select in the fifth position.
News Photo Galleriesview all
- 36901Oklahoma weather: Crews work to clear storm damage in Oklahoma City as the state braces for severe weather Sunday.
- 36295Oklahoma tornadoes: 'It took it all'
- 32626Oklahoma Severe Storm Updates
- 8549Wild hogs continue to be a growing menace across Oklahoma
- 5487OKC Thunder GM Sam Presti won't amnesty Kendrick Perkins
- 4132Oklahoma City Thunder: What could Serge Ibaka learn from Hakeem Olajuwon?
- 4021Oklahoma State football: Limiting Wes Lunt's transfer options makes Mike Gundy look bad