Oklahoma City police looking for driver after fatality accident
Police are looking for the driver of a car involved in a single-vehicle fatality accident this morning south of Lake Overholser in west Oklahoma City.
A passenger died and the driver fled the scene after the accident, Sgt. Paco Balderrama said.
Investigators don't know the names of the occupants.
"From what we can tell, the driver probably walked away from the accident," Balderrama said. "We don't know what happened. We don't know the other circumstances."
About 5:20 a.m., a passer-by called police after seeing a small, dark-colored, foreign-made car next to a tree in a park in the 3200 block of E Overholser Drive, Balderrama said.
Balderrama said the driver may be charged with leaving the scene of a fatality accident.
Anyone with information about the death or the accident is asked to call Crime Stoppers at 235-7300.
See our commenting and posting policy.
News Photo Galleriesview all
- 13061Oklahoma tornadoes: Plaza Towers Elementary School teacher shoved students into bathroom as wall collapsed
- 11652Oklahoma tornadoes: Cost, custom keep basements scarce
- 5853Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 5268Downtown wish list includes Super Target
- 4547OU softball: Sooners inspired by Casey Angle, run-rule Texas A&M
- 4352Finding Addyson – One family's struggle in the Moore tornado
- 4093Oklahoma City pastor will face trial in fatal shooting of son-in law