Copyright ©2012 The Associated Press. Produced by NewsOK.com All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
Construction is seen on Interstate 40 westbound near Classen Boulevard on Sunday. BY John Clanton, THE OKLAHOMANAll but one lane of westbound Crosstown Expressway were closed while crews repaired the hole in the bridge on Interstate 40 at S Classen Boulevard, said Mills Gotcher, a state Department of Transportation spokeswoman. In a November report, state transportation officials said special inspections of 64 bridges, including the Crosstown Expressway, found no structural deficiencies that would endanger motorists. John Fuller, the state Department of Transportation's chief engineer, said then the expressway's bridge is prone to holes, bad joints and falling concrete, but that it "doesn't mean it isn't structurally safe to drive on.”
Traffic resumes on I-40 bridge after hole repair
Traffic was again flowing in the westbound lanes of the Crosstown Expressway late Sunday after a hole was repaired.Transportation Department officials said the repairs were completed and the roads reopened about 10 p.m. after having been closed for more than six hours.
Construction is seen on Interstate 40 westbound near Classen Boulevard on Sunday. BY John Clanton, THE OKLAHOMAN
News Photo Galleriesview all
- 15993Oklahoma medical examiner reports cause of deaths in Grand Lake boat crash
- 12289Oklahoma State football: Todd Monken thinks Wes Lunt should've stayed in Stillwater
- 11194OKC Thunder: Thunder trio praise fans before potential departures
- 9941Report: OSU blocking Wes Lunt from transferring to the SEC, Big 12 and Southern Miss
- 9689Oklahoma football: Sooners get pair of commitments
- 8745Oklahoma City Thunder: Amnesty Kendrick Perkins?
- 8728Rockets guard Patrick Beverley bombarded with hateful Tweets after Thunder get eliminated