Copyright ©2012 The Associated Press. Produced by NewsOK.com All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
The Bearcats are legit, with 16 starters off a team that in 2007 went 10-3 and finished 17th in the polls. But UC's conference stinks. The Big East went 4-4 last week, with all four victories coming against Division I-AA foes. When the Big East played a real team, it lost. This is a league kept alive by West Virginia, which should have been shanghaied to the ACC along with Miami and Virginia Tech. The Big East went 8-10 against fellow BCS-league foes last season, thanks to West Virginia's 3-0. And you know what happened in the Fiesta, where the better team won 48-28. But the Big East still has an image problem. Only us gridheads even know who's in the league. I asked four random Sooners this week to name Cincinnati's conference. Sam Bradford and Jon Cooper knew Big East. Alan Davis guessed Big Ten.
Big East gets lift from Cincy
NORMAN — Let's get two things straight as the Cincinnati Bearcats come to Owen Field.1. Big East football stinks. 2. That didn't keep West Virginia from lighting up the Sooners in the Fiesta Bowl and it doesn't have to keep Cincinnati from pulling a shocker today.
NewsOK Related Articles
News Photo Galleriesview all
- 90847Oklahoma weather: Severe storm updates
- 54347Oklahoma tornadoes: 'It took it all'
- 38051Oklahoma devastated by second round of twisters
- 32459Oklahoma State football: Limiting Wes Lunt's transfer options makes Mike Gundy look bad
- 13823Oklahoma City tornado so large, may not be recognized, officials say
- 12196Several kids pulled out of Oklahoma school rubble alive
- 11468How to help tornado victims