Copyright ©2012 The Associated Press. Produced by NewsOK.com All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
The proposed site at NE 8 and Phillips Avenue was home to a Section 8 complex until a few years ago. Bob Howard, Mickey Clagg and Robert Slater — doing business as OU E Suites LLC. — told Urban Renewal commissioners they expect construction will last 18 months, but would not disclose when the project will start. Their plans call for a full-service all-suites hotel with a restaurant, lounge, deli/market and a ballroom that will accommodate up to 1,000 people. Steve Lackmeyer: 475-3230, email@example.com
Embassy Suites concept approved
The Oklahoma City Urban Renewal Authority today approved conceptual plans for an eight-story, 196-room Embassy Suites to be built in the Oklahoma Health Center.
News Photo Galleriesview all
- 90847Oklahoma weather: Severe storm updates
- 47098Oklahoma tornadoes: 'It took it all'
- 38051Oklahoma devastated by second round of twisters
- 30921Oklahoma State football: Limiting Wes Lunt's transfer options makes Mike Gundy look bad
- 13823Oklahoma City tornado so large, may not be recognized, officials say
- 12196Several kids pulled out of Oklahoma school rubble alive
- 11468How to help tornado victims