Copyright ©2012 The Associated Press. Produced by NewsOK.com All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
Gary Reasons will be back on the sidelines as a special on-field analyst for the TCU-OU telecast Saturday night."I think it will bring a different dimension to the game,” Reasons said. "My role is to react to what I see on the field. You try to bring an aspect of maybe something you don't see upstairs and bring out some points that are an important part of the game.” Reasons, 46, a former New York Giants linebacker, said he is looking forward to being closer to the action. He has experience as a sideline reporter with ABC. "From a player's perspective, going from the playing field to the booth, you lose that feel, that emotion, that passion, the pace of the game that is really down on the field,” he said. Reasons expects TCU's defense will provide a good test for the No. 2 Sooners. The Horned Frogs lead the nation in total defense and rank sixth in scoring defense. "TCU is definitely a well-coached defensive football team.
Special assignment: Reasons will handle on-field TV analyst role for TCU-OU game
Gary Reasons will have a special role as an on-field analyst for the TCU-Oklahoma telecast Saturday night.Reasons, a former Oklahoma City Yard Dawgz coach, normally is a game analyst. Since FSN Southwest (Cox 37) is broadcasting only one Big 12 game this week, he is free to handle the special assignment. He will be joined by play-by-play announcer Joel Meyers, analyst Dave Lapham and sideline reporter Jim Knox on the national FSN telecast.
NewsOK Related Articles
Gary Reasons will be back on the sidelines as a special on-field analyst for the TCU-OU telecast Saturday night.
Sports Photo Galleriesview all
- 64379Oklahoma tornadoes: 'It took it all'
- 31540Oklahoma Severe Storm Updates
- 30680Oklahoma weather: Crews work to clear storm damage in Oklahoma City as the state braces for severe weather Sunday.
- 16244Oklahoma State football: Limiting Wes Lunt's transfer options makes Mike Gundy look bad
- 7370Wild hogs continue to be a growing menace across Oklahoma
- 6239Oklahoma City Thunder: What could Serge Ibaka learn from Hakeem Olajuwon?
- 4310Oklahoma football: Jay Norvell working on luring a tall group of wide receivers to Norman