Copyright ©2012 The Associated Press. Produced by NewsOK.com All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
The Rat Race — constantly running the maze of life, business and professional, to accomplish goals and earn more — is there ... every day. Whether you’re just making ends meet, or living a successful life, you’re in it. You may not even realize it. It has been said that the dominant economic theory in America for the past 40 years or so has been consumerism. Some experts have noted that we are programmed to consume, because the theory holds that a progressively greater consumption of goods is beneficial. We all have things we want — financial stability, more possessions, more free time, less stress. But everything has a price. We have to earn those things, and that means sacrifice. That means we have to push ourselves to attain them.
The Rat Race - What is it?
It can consume you, taxing your best abilities, taking you to the limit. Or, it can motivate you, build you, improve your overall character. The Rat Race — constantly running the maze of life, business and professional, to accomplish goals and earn more — is there ... every day.
It can consume you, taxing your best abilities, taking you to the limit.Or, it can motivate you, build you, improve your overall character.
News Photo Galleriesview all
- 19883Oklahoma medical examiner reports cause of deaths in Grand Lake boat crash
- 16750Oklahoma City Thunder: Amnesty Kendrick Perkins?
- 12000Rx drug bills sent to Oklahoma governor
- 11023Rockets guard Patrick Beverley bombarded with hateful Tweets after Thunder get eliminated
- 8434Report: OSU blocking Wes Lunt from transferring to the SEC, Big 12 and Southern Miss
- 8422Tulsa man tells police he smashed woman's head with machete in self-defense
- 7521Oklahoma football: Sooners get pair of commitments