Copyright ©2012 The Associated Press. Produced by NewsOK.com All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
Lewis (6-foot-3, 220 pounds) was one of 82 players invited to play in the game. He is the state's only representative, although he'll be joined by fellow Oklahoma commits Justin Chaisson, a defensive end from Las Vegas, and Tom Wort, a linebacker from New Braunfels, Texas. Lewis will start classes at OU after the All-America game. “It will give me a better feel for the terminology,” Lewis said. “I sat in a linebackers' meeting, and there was a lot of stuff I didn't know. It will also give me a chance to work on technique.” Dewar coach Josh Been said Lewis decided to leave high school a semester early after it was discovered that he was close enough to having enough credits to graduate. “We talked to our school administration, and we knew he was pretty close to finishing,” Been said. “He was far enough along to where it wasn't a big deal. He was able to double up on some things.” Norman and the University of Oklahoma will be a far cry from Dewar, but Lewis is looking forward to the opportunity. “I'm just gonna go up there and work,” Lewis said. “It's a big transition for me, but I'm looking forward to it.”
All-State 2008: Ronnell Lewis (Defensive Lineman)
DEWAR — Dewar senior Ronnell Lewis is an Oklahoman All-State linebacker.But the Oklahoma oral commit doesn't have much time to enjoy postseason accolades. He finished high school a semester early, will play in the Under Armour All-America game on Jan. 4 in Orlando, Fla., and will start school at OU in January. “I'm pretty pumped up about it,” Lewis said.
Videoview all videos
Photoview all photos
News Photo Galleriesview all
- 14605Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 9594Finding Addyson – One family's struggle in the Moore tornado
- 8537Oklahoma tornadoes: Cost, custom keep basements scarce
- 8009Oklahoma tornadoes: Plaza Towers Elementary School teacher shoved students into bathroom as wall collapsed
- 6980Oklahoma tornadoes: Woman meets the military officer who shared the clothes off his back
- 6486Miranda Lambert, Reba McEntire, Vince Gill to join Blake Shelton at "Healing in the Heartland" Oklahoma tornado benefit
- 6299Story behind the photo: Family members describe desperate search for one another after EF5 twister