Oscar Host has Oklahoma ties
Hugh Jackman starred in “Oklahoma!” on stage. His performance as Curly in the Royal National Theatre’s production earned him a Laurence Olivier Award nomination.
Jackman also co-starred with an Oklahoman in the “X-Men” movies. He was Wolverine while Putnam North High School graduate James Marsden played Cyclops.
And here are two good reasons why Jackman is the perfect host for the Oscars:
1. He won an Emmy in 2005 for hosting the Tony Awards.
2. His adopted son is named Oscar.
News Photo Galleriesview all
- 12757Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 10379Oklahoma tornadoes: Cost, custom keep basements scarce
- 9755Finding Addyson – One family's struggle in the Moore tornado
- 9478Oklahoma tornadoes: Plaza Towers Elementary School teacher shoved students into bathroom as wall collapsed
- 6719Miranda Lambert, Reba McEntire, Vince Gill to join Blake Shelton at "Healing in the Heartland" Oklahoma tornado benefit
- 4489Oklahoma tornadoes: Woman meets the military officer who shared the clothes off his back
- 4265Oklahoma tornadoes: Sooners bring back some smiles to Sydney Angle's teammates