Dying Too Young: Taylor “Mecco” Taylor

Oklahoman Modified: March 27, 2009 at 5:47 pm •  Published: March 25, 2009
Advertisement
;
Name: Taylor “Mecco” Taylor

Age: 14

Place of residence: Sapulpa

Died: Jan. 25, 2006

What happened: According to an autopsy report, Taylor died of smoke inhalation after becoming trapped when the mobile home he lived in caught fire. His mother, Cheryl Pope, and her 1-year-old grandchild escaped the fire.

Other: There were smoke detectors in the residence, but the batteries had been removed and installed in toys.

View full autopsy

NewsOK.com has disabled the comments for this article.