Motorcyclist dies in northwest Norman accident
NORMAN, Okla. (AP) — Police say a male riding a motorcycle has died in an accident at a northwest Norman intersection.
Police say the accident happened about 1:40 a.m. Saturday and that when officers arrived, they found the motorcycle in the middle of the street and the victim lying in the roadway.
The person was taken to a Norman hospital, where he was pronounced dead. Police haven't revealed his identity, pending notification of family members.
Police say it appears the motorcycle was traveling at a high rate of speed when the driver lost control and hit a curb.
See our commenting and posting policy.
News Photo Galleriesview all
- 88863Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 16945OKC Thunder: Kevin Durant tours Moore, meets with residents
- 12611Oklahoma tornadoes: ‘All I could do was sit there and hold her'
- 12094Clippers' Donald Sterling hints coach let go to keep Chris Paul
- 9737Oklahoma tornado: Names of dead released; missing individuals located
- 9076Oklahoma tornadoes: Red Cross text donations not designated for Oklahoma
- 8890Oklahoma tornadoes: Love for Oklahoma generates big donation