Thunder's Rumble named NBA mascot of the year
Oklahoma City Thunder mascot Rumble the Bison has been named NBA Mascot of the Year. The honor was given to Rumble by the league's mascots at their annual meetings in Las Vegas on Wednesday night.
VIDEOS FROM NBA TV
Buy Tickets View all
Rumble debuted Feb. 17 at halftime against New Orleans and quickly established himself as an integral part of the Thunder's game day presentation throughout the rest of the season. Rumble also was recognized for his community involvement, which includes appearances at events such as the Rolling Thunder Book Bus and the Thunder Summer Caravan.
"We are honored that the NBA mascot community has recognized Rumble as the NBA Mascot of the Year," said Brian Byrnes, the Thunder's Senior Vice President of Ticket Sales and Service. "A vote of your peers is the ultimate recognition, and we're very proud of what this organization has accomplished in such a short amount of time. We extend a thunderous thank you to our fans and business partners for embracing Rumble as an extension of our brand and look forward to his continued involvement in our community."
Sports Photo Galleriesview all
- 90847Oklahoma weather: Severe storm updates
- 38051Oklahoma devastated by second round of twisters
- 21842Oklahoma tornadoes: 'It took it all'
- 19892Oklahoma State football: Limiting Wes Lunt's transfer options makes Mike Gundy look bad
- 13823Oklahoma City tornado so large, may not be recognized, officials say
- 12196Several kids pulled out of Oklahoma school rubble alive
- 11468How to help tornado victims