OU-Ohio State: Returning the favor in 1983
In 1983, Ohio State avenged its 1977 loss to the Sooners by thumping OU 24-14 in Norman.
Ohio State quarterback Mike Tomczak found tight end John Frank seven times for 108 yards and two touchdowns.
NewsOK Related Articles
The Buckeye defense, meanwhile, contained OU's rushing attack and held the Sooners to only 177 rushing yards.
The Sooners struggled in 1983, finishing with an 8-4 record.
Sports Photo Galleriesview all
- 12458Oklahoma tornadoes: Plaza Towers Elementary School teacher shoved students into bathroom as wall collapsed
- 11436Oklahoma tornadoes: Cost, custom keep basements scarce
- 6211Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 5407Finding Addyson – One family's struggle in the Moore tornado
- 4993Downtown wish list includes Super Target
- 4408OU softball: Sooners inspired by Casey Angle, run-rule Texas A&M
- 3817Oklahoma City pastor will face trial in fatal shooting of son-in law