The Main Event: Best OU openers of all time
BEST OU OPENERS
1. 1968 OU at Notre Dame: The Sooners were ranked fourth, the Irish third. OU was coming off its renaissance Orange Bowl season of 1967, while Notre Dame sported the legendary combo of quarterback Terry Hanratty and receiver Jim Seymour, who had led the Irish to the 1966 national title as sophomores. Notre Dame rolled 45-21.
NewsOK Related Articles
2. 1986 UCLA at OU: Hard to recall this game as highly anticipated, since the Sooners rolled 38-3. But OU was No. 1 and UCLA No. 4, matching the highest ranked season-opening foe for a...
View full article on Oklahoman.com
How do I get Full Access?
Sports Photo Galleriesview all
- 18732Oklahoma devastated by second round of twisters
- 15952Read live updates from the May 20 Moore tornado
- 12196Several kids pulled out of Oklahoma school rubble alive
- 10745How to help tornado victims
- 10241At least 51 die in Oklahoma tornado, official says
- 2753Oklahoma twister tracked path of 1999 tornado
- 2638Oklahoma City tornado so large, may not be recognized, officials say