OU linebacker Mike Balogun won't play against BYU, his attorney says
NORMAN — Oklahoma middle linebacker Mike Balogun won’t play against Brigham Young this weekend as he continues his fight with the NCAA, his attorney, Woody Glass, told The Oklahoman Monday afternoon.
“Mike will not be able to make the trip,” Glass said in an e-mail.
The NCAA is currently deliberating on whether to recertify Balogun’s eligibility. Balogun was decertified earlier this month after the NCAA suspected he participated in semi-pro football after his 21st birthday. Balogun’s attorney was hoping the NCAA would expedite the process and make a determination before Saturday.
With Balogun out, sophomore Austin Box will back up starter Ryan Reynolds at middle linebacker.
Sports Photo Galleriesview all
- 11753Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 10515Oklahoma tornadoes: Cost, custom keep basements scarce
- 9760Finding Addyson – One family's struggle in the Moore tornado
- 9740Oklahoma tornadoes: Plaza Towers Elementary School teacher shoved students into bathroom as wall collapsed
- 6752Miranda Lambert, Reba McEntire, Vince Gill to join Blake Shelton at "Healing in the Heartland" Oklahoma tornado benefit
- 4200Oklahoma tornadoes: 27 remain hospitalized from tornadoes
- 4065Oklahoma tornadoes: Sooners bring back some smiles to Sydney Angle's teammates