Attorney: OU linebacker Mike Balogun isn't likely to have his eligibility certified
The attorney for Oklahoma linebacker Mike Balogun told The Oklahoman on Friday night he doesn't believe the NCAA will certify Balogun's eligibility.
"I do not believe the certification staff recommended certification," Woody Glass wrote in an e-mail. "I have not been provided anything in writing setting forth their position. I am trying to get that information."
If Balogun is not certified by the NCAA, his chances of playing for OU again are slim, though Glass could pursue a permanent injunction against the NCAA and seek damages.
Balogun did not travel with the team to Arlington, Texas, this weekend for OU's game against Brigham Young.
Sports Photo Galleriesview all
- 10457Oklahoma tornadoes: Cost, custom keep basements scarce
- 9286Oklahoma tornadoes: Plaza Towers Elementary School teacher shoved students into bathroom as wall collapsed
- 5848Downtown wish list includes Super Target
- 4983Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 4420Oklahoma City pastor will face trial in fatal shooting of son-in law
- 4301Oklahoma tornadoes: Price family recovering after some heavy blows
- 4216How to help tornado victims