Designer reveals plans for MAPS 3-funded park in Oklahoma City
An ice skating rink, model boat rentals, an amphitheater and restaurant are among the amenities planned for a proposed downtown central park.At a MAPS 3 presentation hosted Thursday by the Greater Oklahoma City Chamber, central park designer Mary Margaret Jones showed plans that call for a zigzagging lake surrounded by a great lawn, a large amphitheater for up to 15,000 people, a smaller amphitheater for 2,000 people, a large children’s play area, a dog park comparable to the one at Lake Hefner and a restaurant.
Videoview all videos
Nov 19An artist's 3D rendering of Maps 3 project, Destination Park
Nov 19An artists 3d rendering of Map 3 project, Desitnation...
Photoview all 10 photos
View full article on Oklahoman.com
How do I get Full Access?
Business Photo Galleriesview all
- 10710Oklahoma tornadoes: Cost, custom keep basements scarce
- 10389Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 10187Oklahoma tornadoes: Plaza Towers Elementary School teacher shoved students into bathroom as wall collapsed
- 9807Finding Addyson – One family's struggle in the Moore tornado
- 6458Miranda Lambert, Reba McEntire, Vince Gill to join Blake Shelton at "Healing in the Heartland" Oklahoma tornado benefit
- 4074Downtown wish list includes Super Target
- 4073Oklahoma tornadoes: 27 remain hospitalized from tornadoes