Third-string QB Brandon Weeden leads OSU past Colorado
STILLWATER — Third-string quarterback Brandon Weeden threw for 168 yards and two touchdowns in the second half, leading No. 12 Oklahoma State back from an 11-point deficit for a 31-28 win against Colorado on Thursday night.
Videoview all videos
Photoview all 68 photos
NewsOK Related Articles
With starter Zac Robinson injured and backup Alex Cate ineffective, Weeden took over in the second half and got the offense going for the Cowboys (9-2, 6-1 Big 12).
His 28-yard touchdown pass to Justin Blackmon with 8:11 remaining proved to be the winner, keeping pressure on No. 3 Texas in the Big 12 South race. The Longhorns would have clinched the division with an OSU loss.
Colorado got out to a 21-10 lead against the one-dimensional Cowboys before Weeden finally provided a viable passing threat. He went 10-for-15 and threw a 47-yard touchdown pass to Keith Toston.
Sports Photo Galleriesview all
- 27859Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 15705Bradley Cooper, Zach Galifianakis, Ed Helms drink in success of 'Hangover' series
- 10472Oklahoma tornadoes: Woman meets the military officer who shared the clothes off his back
- 9908Oklahoma tornadoes: Thunder reverses the role, takes a turn at cheering on the community
- 9405Hobby Lobby argues case before federal judges
- 8491Story behind the photo: Family members describe desperate search for one another after EF5 twister
- 8399Blake Shelton's "Healing the Heartland" televised tornado benefit set for Wednesday at Chesapeake Energy Arena