Bob Stoops: 'I'm going to be at Oklahoma next year'
NORMAN — Bob Stoops says he won't be leaving Oklahoma for Notre Dame.
I'm going to be at Oklahoma next year, he said. If (athletic director) Joe (Castiglione) will have me and President (David) Boren, that's what I intend to do. Speaking to reporters Monday afternoon, Stoops dispelled numerous reports that he would be the next coach at Notre Dame, but declined to comment on the nature or existence of his contact with school officials at the school in South Bend, Ind.
I will never confirm or deny whether I talk or not talk to anybody, and I won't be interviewing for any jobs, he said.
Notre Dame fired coach Charlie Weis on Monday, and Stoops had been rumored as a possible successor, as well as Cincinnati coach Brian Kelley, Gary Patterson of TCU and Floridas Urban Meyer.
Sports Photo Galleriesview all
- 101218Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 15357OKC Thunder: Kevin Durant tours Moore, meets with residents
- 13402Oklahoma tornadoes: ‘All I could do was sit there and hold her'
- 8724Line of storms brings flash floods to Oklahoma City area
- 8110How to help tornado victims
- 8098Oklahoma tornadoes: Love for Oklahoma generates big donation
- 8041Oklahoma tornadoes: Rams quarterback Sam Bradford leading aid effort