OU linebacker Austin Box arrested Saturday in Oklahoma City
Police arrested University of Oklahoma football player Austin Box over the weekend in Bricktown after an officer saw him urinating on bar stools, according to a police report.
Box, 21, was booked into the Oklahoma County jail on a complaint of disorderly conduct by urinating in public and later released, the report states. His bail information was not immediately available. He has not been formally charged.
An officer saw Box, a junior linebacker, standing below the entrance to Skky Bar on Mickey Mantle Drive about 2 a.m. Saturday, the report states. Box walked to a corner on a balcony near the entrance and urinated, police said.
Box told police he had been kicked out of the bar and "had to go," according to the report.
Box, an Enid High School graduate who has 70 career tackles, was cited by Norman police in March on a complaint of outraging public decency when he was spotted urinating outside a restaurant.
OU Athletics Department spokesman Kenny Mossman said the incident was an "internal matter" and declined further comment.
Contributing: Staff Writer Jake Trotter
See our commenting and posting policy.
News Photo Galleriesview all
- 21543Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 10852Oklahoma tornadoes: Woman meets the military officer who shared the clothes off his back
- 8707Oklahoma tornadoes: Thunder reverses the role, takes a turn at cheering on the community
- 8666Finding Addyson – One family's struggle in the Moore tornado
- 8648Hobby Lobby argues case before federal judges
- 7837Blake Shelton's "Healing the Heartland" televised tornado benefit set for Wednesday at Chesapeake Energy Arena
- 7718Story behind the photo: Family members describe desperate search for one another after EF5 twister