Pet Tales: Real estate agent gets fixer-upper
I am a real estate agent. One day, a friend called to list his residence for sale. He was down on his luck and needed to sell quickly. When I drove to his property, a nice brick home on five acres, this mongrel-looking dog appeared at my car door. It looked terrible and hadn’t been groomed "in forever.” I asked my friend if it was a schnauzer, and he said, "Yes.” On a whim, I asked him for the dog, seeing its neglected appearance. It had been running loose outside with six bird dogs, a pit bull and a Labrador retriever. It was apparent this dog was the last in line to reach the food bowls. My friend gave me the dog.I immediately took the dog named Chuck to my groomer, where we had to turn the kennel upside down to shake him out. He was terrified, not knowing what was happening to him. The groomer...
View full article on Oklahoman.com
How do I get Full Access?
Life Photo Galleriesview all
- 101218Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 15357OKC Thunder: Kevin Durant tours Moore, meets with residents
- 13402Oklahoma tornadoes: ‘All I could do was sit there and hold her'
- 8724Line of storms brings flash floods to Oklahoma City area
- 8110How to help tornado victims
- 8098Oklahoma tornadoes: Love for Oklahoma generates big donation
- 8041Oklahoma tornadoes: Rams quarterback Sam Bradford leading aid effort