Letter to the editor: Cancer victim Caleb Spady's mom thanks Frank Anderson
EDITOR’S NOTE: This is a letter to the editor from Kim Spady, the mother of Caleb Spady. Caleb lost his battle with cancer in July 2009 at the age of 11. Oklahoma State baseball coach Frank Anderson learned of Caleb from a Coaches vs. Cancer biography that Caleb had submitted. For the bio, Caleb told his mom to write, "I am going to kick this brain tumor in the rear, then I’ll play baseball for the Hinton Comets, then for the OSU Cowboys and then for the Texas Rangers. That’s all those people need to know about me.”
How do I get Full Access?
Sports Photo Galleriesview all
- 35743Oklahoma weather: Crews work to clear storm damage in Oklahoma City as the state braces for severe weather Sunday.
- 30080Oklahoma Severe Storm Updates
- 9255Tornado levels homes in trailer park
- 7252Wild hogs continue to be a growing menace across Oklahoma
- 6705OKC Thunder GM Sam Presti won't amnesty Kendrick Perkins
- 3930Student shot dead during botched home invasion
- 3921OKC Thunder: Thunder trio praise fans before potential departures