Thunder fan Tom Joiner, Oklahoma City
"My wife and I have never been to the Ford Center to see a game, but we are avid Thunder Fans. Neither of us had ever seen nor cared about professional basketball until the Thunder came to town. We fell in love with them in their inaugural losing season through the television.
NewsOK Related Articles
"Since that time, we have missed very few games, even the late, late ones on the West Coast. During the playoffs, we even stayed up until 12:30 a.m.
"The significance of this comes to light only when I confess we are 85 and 81 years of age.
"We are enthusiastic — tempered by age — and my wife lets out an occasional, 'Yes!'
"Of course, we were anxious, nervous and very vocally supportive during the playoffs. Reality told us we could not prevail against the more experienced Lakers. Sentiment kept saying, 'Yes, we can.'
"These guys are our guys, win or lose."
Sports Photo Galleriesview all
VIDEOS FROM NBA TV
Buy Tickets View all
- 10886Oklahoma tornadoes: Cost, custom keep basements scarce
- 10691Oklahoma tornadoes: Plaza Towers Elementary School teacher shoved students into bathroom as wall collapsed
- 9835Finding Addyson – One family's struggle in the Moore tornado
- 9009Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 5206Miranda Lambert, Reba McEntire, Vince Gill to join Blake Shelton at "Healing in the Heartland" Oklahoma tornado benefit
- 4290Downtown wish list includes Super Target
- 3855OU softball: Sooners inspired by Casey Angle, run-rule Texas A&M