CodeRED alerts Edmond to potential danger
The CodeRED system isn’t used very often and only in situations where public safety is an issue, Stillwell said.
EDMOND — CodeRED is an emergency notification system used to alert Edmond residents and businesses about weather emergencies, homeland security issues, missing children or adults, evacuation orders, local criminal activity and other situations that require immediate dissemination of crucial information.
NewsOK Related Articles
View full article on Oklahoman.com
How do I get Full Access?
News Photo Galleriesview all
- 21543Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 10852Oklahoma tornadoes: Woman meets the military officer who shared the clothes off his back
- 8707Oklahoma tornadoes: Thunder reverses the role, takes a turn at cheering on the community
- 8666Finding Addyson – One family's struggle in the Moore tornado
- 8648Hobby Lobby argues case before federal judges
- 7837Blake Shelton's "Healing the Heartland" televised tornado benefit set for Wednesday at Chesapeake Energy Arena
- 7718Story behind the photo: Family members describe desperate search for one another after EF5 twister