Robertson Activity Center erases senior stereotypes
With activities ranging from tai chi to downtown tours, the regulars at the Yukon senior center are anything but sedentary.
YUKON — Casey Barnett, senior activity director at the Robertson Activity Center, believes seniors can reverse popular expectations."Senior centers have a stereotype: 'Oh, everybody's decrepit and can't go anywhere,'” Barnett said. "Senior centers are for people who want to get out and have a good time.”
NewsOK Related Articles
View full article on Oklahoman.com
How do I get Full Access?
News Photo Galleriesview all
- 94547Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 17200OKC Thunder: Kevin Durant tours Moore, meets with residents
- 12970Oklahoma tornadoes: ‘All I could do was sit there and hold her'
- 8745Oklahoma tornadoes: Love for Oklahoma generates big donation
- 8636Line of storms brings flash floods to Oklahoma City area
- 8239How to help tornado victims
- 7488Oklahoma tornadoes: Red Cross text donations not designated for Oklahoma