District 3A-6 football preview: District could be tougher road to state
District could be tougher road to state
District 3A-6 has three teams moving up from Class 2A and one school coming down from Class 4A. The district has several tough teams.
Videoview all videos
Photoview all photos
NewsOK Related Articles
District 3A-6 Coaches' Poll 1. Seq. Claremore (10-3) 2. Metro Christian (10-1) 3. Seq. Tahlequah* (10-1) 4. Verdigris* (10-3) 5. Inola (3-7) 6. Westville* (2-8) 7. Locust Grove* (0-10) *Denotes new school to class 2009 record in parentheses
Metro Christian and Sequoyah-Claremore both made the playoffs last year, with Claremore making it to the state semifinals before losing to eventual champion Cascia Hall.
Sequoyah-Tahlequah and Verdigris were in the Class 2A playoffs last year, with Verdigris advancing to the quarterfinals before being defeated by Millwood.
With the teams having to face each other week in and week out, there aren't any guaranteed wins in the district.
And with Class 3A being bumped up to 57 schools instead of 32 like last year, the road to the championship just got a little longer.
Metro Christian looking for another division title
Last season, Metro Christian Academy went undefeated in District 3A-4 and entered the playoffs 10-0, only to be knocked out in the first round.
The Patriots return four starters on offense and five on defense.
Sports Photo Galleriesview all
- 12863Oklahoma tornadoes: Plaza Towers Elementary School teacher shoved students into bathroom as wall collapsed
- 11549Oklahoma tornadoes: Cost, custom keep basements scarce
- 5770Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 5166Downtown wish list includes Super Target
- 4505OU softball: Sooners inspired by Casey Angle, run-rule Texas A&M
- 4325Finding Addyson – One family's struggle in the Moore tornado
- 3991Oklahoma City pastor will face trial in fatal shooting of son-in law