District 3A-2 football notes: Madill remembers last season's early exit
Madill reminds players of last year's exit
Signs featuring last season's playoff game score and the words "Are you satisfied?" are draped on every weight rack in Madill's weight room. A constant reminder to Wildcat players of the disappointment they felt after losing in the first round.
Photoview all photos
NewsOK Related Articles
District 3A-2 coaches' poll 1. Madill (10-1) 2. Purcell (9-3) 3. Plainview* (8-3) 4. Pauls Valley (5-6) 5. Sulphur* (6-5) 6. Lone Grove (5-5) 7. Dickson (4-6) *denotes new school to district
Madill was undefeated and the district champion heading into the Class 3A playoffs, but the Wildcats took a first-round loss to Blanchard that many saw as an upset.
"That was not an upset," coach Kerry Roberts said. "They were better than us that night."
Madill now returns seven starters on a defense that gave up 72 points all of last season. They have five starters returning on offense.
What is Roberts' goal for this season?
"I don't care about going 10-0 or winning districts, our goal is to advance in the playoffs," Roberts said.
Purcell's dynamic duo
Most know about Purcell quarterback Cole Swayze, but his counterpart in the backfield is making a name for himself as well.
Sports Photo Galleriesview all
- 90847Oklahoma weather: Severe storm updates
- 47098Oklahoma tornadoes: 'It took it all'
- 38051Oklahoma devastated by second round of twisters
- 30921Oklahoma State football: Limiting Wes Lunt's transfer options makes Mike Gundy look bad
- 13823Oklahoma City tornado so large, may not be recognized, officials say
- 12196Several kids pulled out of Oklahoma school rubble alive
- 11468How to help tornado victims