In race for Oklahoma governor, Mary Fallin takes over fundraising lead
The Oklahoma Republican reported raising $2.77 million so far in her gubernatorial bid. Her total is about $500,000 more than Attorney General Drew Edmondson, who lost by less than 1 percent in last month's Democratic gubernatorial primary election.
U.S. Rep. Mary Fallin, who won last month's GOP gubernatorial primary, reported Monday that she has more than $800,000 to spend on the campaign leading up to the Nov. 2 general election.
Fallin's report shows she took over the fundraising lead for the first time from Attorney General Drew Edmondson, who lost the Democratic contest.
Until the most recent reports, Edmondson led among all the gubernatorial candidates. He lost by less than 1 percent to Lt. Gov. Jari Askins in the July 27 Democratic gubernatorial primary election.
The deadline to file campaign reports was midnight Monday. As of 8:45 p.m. Monday, Askins was the only one of the six gubernatorial candidates who had not yet filed a report.
Last-minute reports filed by July 28 showed Askins had raised $2.28 million, including $775,000 she had loaned herself. Edmondson through July 28 reported raising $2.65 million.
Fallin, R-Oklahoma City, reported raising $285,911 during the most recent reporting period, from July 13 to Aug. 9.
Fallin so far has raised $2.77 million, or about $500,000 more than Edmondson had raised.
Fallin reported spending $245,503 during the most recent reporting period, which put her total expenses at $1.9 million.
She reported having $805,266 on hand.
Edmondson raised nearly $150,000 during the most recent reporting period. He raised $2.72 million so far.
Edmondson reported total expenditures of $2.37 million. His campaign reported spending $686,636 during the most recent reporting period.
Edmondson, who decided against seeking a fifth term, reported having $254,549 remaining.
News Photo Galleriesview all
- 12757Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 10379Oklahoma tornadoes: Cost, custom keep basements scarce
- 9755Finding Addyson – One family's struggle in the Moore tornado
- 9478Oklahoma tornadoes: Plaza Towers Elementary School teacher shoved students into bathroom as wall collapsed
- 6719Miranda Lambert, Reba McEntire, Vince Gill to join Blake Shelton at "Healing in the Heartland" Oklahoma tornado benefit
- 4489Oklahoma tornadoes: Woman meets the military officer who shared the clothes off his back
- 4265Oklahoma tornadoes: Sooners bring back some smiles to Sydney Angle's teammates