District 3A-1 notebook: Bridge Creek, Weatherford join some 3A regulars
Three of the top five teams from this district last year are back. Tuttle and Blanchard each made the quarterfinals last year while Anadarko had a seven-win season but just missed out on the playoffs.
Videoview all videos
Photoview all photos
NewsOK Related Articles
Coaches poll for 3A-1
1. Tuttle (11-1)
2. Bridge Creek (10-2)*
3. Anadarko (7-3)
4. Blanchard (8-4)
5. Weatherford (12-1)*
6. Marlow (3-7)*
7. Riverside (0-10)*
Note:* Denotes new to district
The biggest additions are from different classes as Weatherford and Bridge Creek have brought even more depth to the district.
The Eagles made the semifinals in 4A and are coming off a 12-1 season, while Jerry Wallis' Bobcats feature one of the most explosive offenses in the state and have great balance in the run and pass.
The coaches were unanimous in giving Tuttle the edge while they also believe Anadarko won't be left out in the cold this season.
Warriors motivated by result
Anadarko returns 18 starters from last year's team that just missed the playoffs.
The Warriors were 3-0 in nondistrict play and 4-3 in district and didn't qualify.
The biggest piece of the puzzle is running back Sheldon Wilson.
"He's got great vision and great speed. We're definitely going to expect big things from him," coach Kent Jackson said.
Sports Photo Galleriesview all
- 64632Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 14648Bradley Cooper, Zach Galifianakis, Ed Helms drink in success of 'Hangover' series
- 8984Hobby Lobby argues case before federal judges
- 7016Oklahoma tornadoes: Thunder reverses the role, takes a turn at cheering on the community
- 6971How to help tornado victims
- 6471Rock, pop, country acts give talents and time to help Oklahoma tornado victims
- 6275Carrie Underwood donates $1 million to Red Cross for disaster relief in wake of deadly Oklahoma tornadoes