RedHawks Report: Early inning struggles doom Oklahoma City
Rangers catcher Matt Treanor continues rehab assignment with RedHawks
Reno broke through early on starter Guillermo Moscoso, and the RedHawks' offense failed to string much together against Aces starter Matt Tora. Reno beat the RedHawks for the first time in the series, 5-3, before 4,759 fans at AT&T Bricktown Ballpark.
NewsOK Related Articles
Doug Deeds was 2 for 5 with a home run and three RBIs as Reno's top two hitters combined for five of the Aces' 11 hits.
Moscoso settled down after allowing five runs in his first four innings, but it was too late. At one point, RedHawks pitchers retired 14 consecutive Reno hitters.
Esteban German was 3 for 5 with a solo homer for the RedHawks.
Treanor almost back
After a five-inning start Monday and a seven-inning start Wednesday, rehabbing Matt Treanor is expected to catch the entire game Friday night in the series finale.
"He's right on schedule," RedHawks manager Bobby Jones said. "He should be back up pretty quick."
Treanor has been on the disabled list since July 24 with a right posterior cruciate ligament strain.
Taylor Teagarden has been up in the big leagues since Treanor's injury, filling in as the backup to Rangers catcher Bengie Molina.
Slider helping Phillips' repertoire
RedHawks reliever Zach Phillips worked on a slider some last year but never used it in a game.
About a month ago, Phillips decided to give the pitch a try in a game situation, and it's certainly paid off so far.
Phillips has not allowed a run in his last 12 2/3 innings.
"It came around a lot further than I thought it would, so I decided to start using it," Phillips said. "It's just another tool to get hitters out, especially against left-handers."
Harden expected to remain with RedHawks
After turning in a 10-strikeout performance in six innings Wednesday, rehabbing Rich Harden certainly looked like he was ready to pitch in the big leagues again.
Sports Photo Galleriesview all
- 21543Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 10852Oklahoma tornadoes: Woman meets the military officer who shared the clothes off his back
- 8707Oklahoma tornadoes: Thunder reverses the role, takes a turn at cheering on the community
- 8666Finding Addyson – One family's struggle in the Moore tornado
- 8648Hobby Lobby argues case before federal judges
- 7837Blake Shelton's "Healing the Heartland" televised tornado benefit set for Wednesday at Chesapeake Energy Arena
- 7718Story behind the photo: Family members describe desperate search for one another after EF5 twister