Copyright ©2012 The Associated Press. Copyright ©2010. The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
New Jersey Nets sign former Oklahoma State standout Stephen Graham
The five-year veteran signed a a two-year contract. A source told The Associated Press the deal is partially guaranteed for this season.
EAST RUTHERFORD, N.J. — The New Jersey Nets signed free agent forward Stephen Graham to a two-year contract on Wednesday.General manager Billy King did not release terms of the contract, but a person with knowledge of the deal said Graham, who played at Oklahoma State, received a partially guaranteed contract for this season with a team option for next year. The person did not want to be identified because he was not authorized to speak for the team. King also announced the hiring of Doug Overton as a player development coach and Robby Hoenshel as an assistant athletic trainer and director of sports rehabilitation. A five-year veteran, Graham has career averages of 4.3 points and 1.7 rebounds in 180 career games with Cleveland, Chicago, Houston, Portland, Indiana and Charlotte. He appeared in a career-high 70 games with the Bobcats last season, averaging 4.2 points and 1.9 rebounds. Overton takes on a new role in player development after spending the past two seasons as an assistant coach. The 11-year NBA veteran will assist the players with individual skills on the court. Hoenshel comes to the Nets after working at the Jacksonville Orthopedic Institute, where he served as a physical therapist.
Sports Photo Galleriesview all
- 13571Oklahoma tornadoes: Plaza Towers Elementary School teacher shoved students into bathroom as wall collapsed
- 11780Oklahoma tornadoes: Cost, custom keep basements scarce
- 5526Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 5480Downtown wish list includes Super Target
- 4547OU softball: Sooners inspired by Casey Angle, run-rule Texas A&M
- 4292Oklahoma City pastor will face trial in fatal shooting of son-in law
- 4042How to help tornado victims