Thunder notebook: Friday scrimmage will be all business
Yukon High School will host 5:30 p.m. workout
Thunder coach Scott Brooks said tonight's Blue & White open scrimmage at the Yukon High School gym will be a business trip.
VIDEOS FROM NBA TV
Buy Tickets View all
"It's not an All-Star Game atmosphere," Brooks said after Thursday's practice. "We're there to get better. It's going to be a legitimate scrimmage. The teams are going to be evenly matched. Hopefully, the score indicates that. Coaches are ready. We're getting our game plans together."
Brooks said today will simulate a routine game day for the Thunder, with a team shoot-around at 10 a.m. at the practice facility.
The doors at Yukon open at 5 p.m., and admission is free. The scrimmage will start at 5:30 and finish around 6:45. Thunder players then will attend the pregame coin toss for Yukon's home football game against Norman North.
ANOTHER GAME WINNER
For the second straight day, the Thunder ended its morning practice with a late-game scrimmage. On Wednesday, All-Star forward Kevin Durant hit a game-winning shot with 0.7 seconds remaining. On Thursday, Durant swished a 27-footer with 2.3 seconds left with Jeff Green in his face.
Watching Durant's heroics is not getting old for Brooks.
"If it gets old, then you've got to do something else," Brooks said. "Great moments like that should never get old. Kevin has the ability to make big shots. Russell (Westbrook) has the ability to create big shots, and Jeff. Down the line, we have guys who can do that, but K.D. has developed into making big shots throughout the game."
Sports Photo Galleriesview all
- 402At least 51 die in Oklahoma tornado, official says
- 378Oklahoma devastated by second round of twisters
- 347How to help tornado victims
- 247Read live updates from the May 20 Moore tornado
- 147Several kids pulled out of Oklahoma school rubble alive
- 93Twitter reaction from the sports world on the Moore/OKC tornadoes
- 52Social media used to send prayers and condolences to Oklahoma in wake of deadly tornadoes