Oklahoma City police find man walking shot and bleeding near roadway
A man who had been shot was spotted this afternoon by an off-duty Oklahoma City police officer near Kilpatrick Turnpike and State Highway 66.
A man who had been shot was found walking near the Kilpatrick Turnpike and State Highway 66 this afternoon, police said.
About 3:35 p.m., an off-duty Oklahoma City police officer was driving on State Highway 66 east of the turnpike when he saw a man bleeding profusely, Oklahoma City police Sgt. Charlie Phillips said.
Photoview all photos
NewsOK Related Articles
The man, described only as a Hispanic male, said he had been in an altercation with another Hispanic male near NW 50 and Morgan Road when he was shot, Phillips said.
The man was taken to OU Medical Center where he has been stabilized, Sgt. Jennifer Wardlow said. He is expected to survive, she said.
The shooter was last seen driving a maroon GMC Envoy, Wardlow said.
See our commenting and posting policy.
News Photo Galleriesview all
- 11499Oklahoma devastated by second round of twisters
- 10241At least 51 die in Oklahoma tornado, official says
- 8698Read live updates from the May 20 Moore tornado
- 7434How to help tornado victims
- 4914Several kids pulled out of Oklahoma school rubble alive
- 2111Oklahoma twister tracked path of 1999 tornado
- 1490Oklahoma City tornado so large, may not be recognized, officials say