Medical examiner says northwest Oklahoma City woman was beaten to death
Julie Mitchell, a northwest Oklahoma City mother whose body was found Tuesday in her house, was beaten to death, the state medical examiner says.
A woman whose body was found this week in her home was beaten to death, and investigators seized computer equipment found in the house, police said Friday.
Photoview all photos
NewsOK Related Articles
HOW TO HELP
Anyone with information can call the homicide tip line at 297-1200.
Police are also looking into information written in an anonymous letter given to local media outlets about the death of Julie Mitchell, 34.
Mitchell was found late Tuesday in her Oklahoma City home near Edmond in what was first reported as a suicide by one of her stepsons. Police later determined her death was a homicide.
Mitchell's 13-month-old daughter was placed with a family member after the body was found about 10:20 p.m. Tuesday at the house at 640 NW 150.
Mitchell suffered multiple blunt force trauma wounds to the head, said Cherokee Ballard, spokeswoman for the medical examiner's office. There was no indication of sexual assault, authorities said.
A police spokeswoman said no one has been ruled out as a suspect.
Oklahoma City police Sgt. Jennifer Wardlow said police seized computer equipment from the home and will examine it for any possible clues about Mitchell's death.
See our commenting and posting policy.
News Photo Galleriesview all
- 15646Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 9491Finding Addyson – One family's struggle in the Moore tornado
- 8139Oklahoma tornadoes: Woman meets the military officer who shared the clothes off his back
- 7458Oklahoma tornadoes: Plaza Towers Elementary School teacher shoved students into bathroom as wall collapsed
- 7219Oklahoma tornadoes: Cost, custom keep basements scarce
- 6377Story behind the photo: Family members describe desperate search for one another after EF5 twister
- 6374Miranda Lambert, Reba McEntire, Vince Gill to join Blake Shelton at "Healing in the Heartland" Oklahoma tornado benefit