This week's opponent: Texas
OSU at Texas
Location: Austin, Texas
Videoview all videos
Photoview all 142 photos
NewsOK Related Articles
Conference: Big 12
Record: 4-5 (2-4)
Last week: 39-14 loss at Kansas State
Best player: Linebacker Keenan Robinson. The junior has 78 tackles in nine games this season including five tackles for loss and two sacks. His speed and athleticism at 6-foot-3, 240 pounds has made him one of the few bright spots this season for the Longhorns.
Why they could win: Texas still has plenty of talented athletes. If they put it together and play well against OSU they could present problems on both sides of the ball for the Pokes.
Why they could lose: Texas' season is in complete disarray while OSU is coming off arguably its best game of the season. If the Pokes simply continue to do what they've done all season, they have to like their chances of leaving Austin with a win.
Noteworthy: Texas' leading rusher is Foswhitt Whittaker with 64 carries for 299 yards in nine games. ... Texas' leading receiver is James Kirkendoll with 37 receptions for 461 yards and one touchdown in nine games. ... Texas ranks No. 2 nationally in pass defense (132.44 ypg), No. 5 in total defense (267.33 ypg) and No. 37 in rushing defense (134.89 ypg). ... Garrett Gilbert has a 1:2 touchdown to interception ratio with 7 touchdown passes and 14 interceptions including nine interceptions in Texas' last three games.
Sports Photo Galleriesview all
- 57337Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 14801Bradley Cooper, Zach Galifianakis, Ed Helms drink in success of 'Hangover' series
- 9259Hobby Lobby argues case before federal judges
- 7518Oklahoma tornadoes: Thunder reverses the role, takes a turn at cheering on the community
- 6644Oklahoma tornadoes: Woman meets the military officer who shared the clothes off his back
- 6577Rock, pop, country acts give talents and time to help Oklahoma tornado victims
- 6568How to help tornado victims