Thunder notes: Jeff Green's ankle improving
Although starting forward Jeff Green remains listed as ├óÔéČ┼ôday-to-day├óÔéČ┬Ł with a sprained left ankle, Thunder coach Scott Brooks said Wednesday he does not fear the injury is more severe than originally diagnosed.
VIDEOS FROM NBA TV
Buy Tickets View all
Green first sprained the ankle on Nov. 6 and then re-injured it when he returned to action last Sunday against San Antonio after missing eight days and three games. On both occasions, Green stepped on someone else's foot.
├óÔéČ┼ôThat usually happens once or twice a year to any of our guys,├óÔéČ┬Ł Brooks said of the missteps. ├óÔéČ┼ôIt's just unfortunate it happened to Jeff the same game in which he got back. He's getting better. (Wednesday) felt a lot better than yesterday. I don't see it being a long-term thing."
Green did not play in Wednesday night's 116-99 victory over Houston at Oklahoma City Arena.
Thunder small forward Kevin Durant was the Most Valuable Player at the FIBA World Championship in Turkey last summer, but Houston forward Luis Scola was the tournament's leading scorer at 27.1 per game.
Sports Photo Galleriesview all
- 101218Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 15357OKC Thunder: Kevin Durant tours Moore, meets with residents
- 13402Oklahoma tornadoes: ÔÇśAll I could do was sit there and hold her'
- 8724Line of storms brings flash floods to Oklahoma City area
- 8110How to help tornado victims
- 8098Oklahoma tornadoes: Love for Oklahoma generates big donation
- 8041Oklahoma tornadoes: Rams quarterback Sam Bradford leading aid effort