Thunder notebook: Coach Scott Brooks resorts to bribery to increase assists
Coach Scott Brooks offered the Thunder a deal: Get 20 assists against Houston and get Thursday off.
Thunder coach Scott Brooks had an offer for his players before Wednesday night's game. Compile at least 20 assists against Houston, and there would be no Thursday practice prior to a 1 p.m. departure to Boston.
Videoview all videos
Photoview all 32 photos
NewsOK Related Articles
The Thunder had a season-high 26 assists in its 116-99 victory over the Rockets.
"Scotty should be saying that a lot," forward Kevin Durant said of potential future deals involving no practice.
"Maybe he should tell us that every game," guard Eric Maynor said.
"I guess we'll see them at the plane," said forward D.J. White, who finished with 12 points and was 5 of 7 from the field.
THUNDER'S FIELD-GOAL SHOOTING IMPROVING
By shooting 50 percent or better in three of its last four games (all victories), the Thunder has jumped from last in the NBA in field-goal percentage to 17th (.452).
Asked if his team is finally â€œgetting itâ€ by moving the ball around on offense, Brooks said: "I think we always get it. Sometimes we don't always do it. It's important that we figure out ways to be consistently sharing the ball. I really think the last three or four games we've done a better job of that. It makes the (opposing) defense work."
Sports Photo Galleriesview all
VIDEOS FROM NBA TV
Buy Tickets View all
- 90847Oklahoma weather: Severe storm updates
- 47098Oklahoma tornadoes: 'It took it all'
- 38051Oklahoma devastated by second round of twisters
- 30921Oklahoma State football: Limiting Wes Lunt's transfer options makes Mike Gundy look bad
- 13823Oklahoma City tornado so large, may not be recognized, officials say
- 12196Several kids pulled out of Oklahoma school rubble alive
- 11468How to help tornado victims