Thunder notebook: Scott Brooks says Nets are playing â€œtough-minded basketballâ€ under Avery Johnson
The Thunder plays New Jersey in Newark today at 6 p.m. Oklahoma time. The Nets have left the Izod Center at the Meadowlands and are playing inside the Prudential Center (home of the NHL New Jersey Devils) pending the 2012 completion of the new Barclays Center in Brooklyn, N.Y.
Videoview all videos
Photoview all 17 photos
NewsOK Related Articles
Coming off a 12-70 season, the Nets are currently 6-12 after losing at New York on Tuesday night.
â€œAvery (Johnson) does a great job,â€ Brooks said of the Nets' new coach. â€œHe has them playing tough-minded basketball. They've got a big-time center in Brook (Lopez), a terrific point guard in Devin (Harris). They've got some shooters around them. They've got the young fella (rookie forward Derrick Favors), who's going to be a very big player in this league. We have to go out there and play like we've played all season long on the road, take the challenge and it's going to be a good challenge for us.â€
THABO SEFOLOSHA TO HOST BASKETBALL CAMP
Thabo Sefolosha will host a basketball camp on behalf of the Wes Welker Foundation on Dec. 28.Â One hundred high school boys fromÂ eight different Oklahoma City public schools will be attending the camp at Douglass High School from 3-6 p.m.
Other Thunder players, coaches and staff will stop by to help out and serve as guest coaches.
THUNDER'S MARCH TO THE FREE-THROW LINE CONTINUES
As has often been the case this season, opponents are shaking their heads at the Thunder's performance at the free-throw line, both in attempts and makes. Monday night's 95-89 victory over New Orleans at Oklahoma City Arena was no different as the Thunder converted 26 of 29 (89.7 percent) and the Hornets hit 11 of 17 (64.7 percent).
â€œYou try to make more free throws than the other team attempts,â€ Hornets point guard Chris Paul said. â€œThey made more than we attempted.â€
Sports Photo Galleriesview all
VIDEOS FROM NBA TV
Buy Tickets View all
- 43037Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 15155Bradley Cooper, Zach Galifianakis, Ed Helms drink in success of 'Hangover' series
- 9718Hobby Lobby argues case before federal judges
- 8776Oklahoma tornadoes: Woman meets the military officer who shared the clothes off his back
- 8708Oklahoma tornadoes: Thunder reverses the role, takes a turn at cheering on the community
- 7875Rock, pop, country acts give talents and time to help Oklahoma tornado victims
- 7675Blake Shelton's "Healing the Heartland" televised tornado benefit set for Wednesday at Chesapeake Energy Arena