Family hopes candles will lead missing Oklahoma City mom home
Police say Angela Biggers is dead. But her family holds out hope
Police say she is dead. But the family of Angela Biggers, 48, is holding out hope she might one day return.
Nightly candlelight vigils are taking place outside the north Oklahoma City home where Biggers lived. She has not been seen by her family since Dec. 5.
HOW TO HELP
Call 297-1200 to report information on the case.
The idea to light candles each night at dusk was that of her youngest daughter, Janet Biggers, 12.
â€œI want to guide her home,â€ Janet Biggers said Monday night.
She and older brother Corey Preciado, 21, lit the gallon drinking water jugs that have been fashioned into weighted candleholders around the front lawn of her mother's home at dusk.
â€œI want my mom back,â€ Janet Biggers said. She said she'll continue the nightly ritual for â€œa long time.â€
â€œWe do it every single night,â€ daughter Jenea Biggers said.
Jenea Biggers, 29, of Oklahoma City, said the family hasn't stopped hoping her mother returns.
â€œEvery light in the house is on,â€ Jenea Biggers said. â€œThis is where she (Angela Biggers) is supposed to be and is supposed to come home to. We're lighting the candles to show her the way.â€
Jenea Biggers said all the kids and grandchildren are at the home each night, and about 15 to 20 visitors outside of the immediate family usually show.
There has not been much light shed on the case however, Jenea Biggers said.
â€œWe don't know a lot right now,â€ Jenea Biggers said. Police â€œare not telling us a lot.â€
Jenea Biggers said the family is currently gathering reward money for information that â€œbrings her home.â€
See our commenting and posting policy.
News Photo Galleriesview all
- 54680Oklahoma tornadoes: 'It took it all'
- 35701Oklahoma weather: Crews work to clear storm damage in Oklahoma City as the state braces for severe weather Sunday.
- 32594Oklahoma Severe Storm Updates
- 8907Wild hogs continue to be a growing menace across Oklahoma
- 8388Oklahoma State football: Limiting Wes Lunt's transfer options makes Mike Gundy look bad
- 5554Oklahoma City Thunder: What could Serge Ibaka learn from Hakeem Olajuwon?
- 4146OKC Thunder GM Sam Presti won't amnesty Kendrick Perkins