O'Connell's auction scheduled Saturday in Norman
An auction of numerous items from the original O'Connell's Irish Pub & Grille in Norman is scheduled Saturday, one day after it closes for good.
NORMAN — An auction of kitchen equipment, furnishings and assorted memorabilia from the original O'Connell's Irish Pub and Grille at 120 E Lindsey St. will start at 4 p.m. Saturday.
The popular hangout on University of Oklahoma football game days and on St. Patrick's Day will have its final day of operation Friday after opening in 1968. A list of items to be auctioned can be found at www.
Proceeds will benefit a new OU endowed scholarship fund established by O'Connell's owner Jeff Stewart for undergraduate students in the Price College of Business Division of Marketing and Supply Chain Management.
O'Connell's newer location at 769 Asp Ave. on Campus Corner will continue to operate. OU bought the original building and other properties southeast of Lindsey Street and Jenkins Avenue in 2007 to make way for additional student housing and other uses.
News Photo Galleriesview all
- 22176Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 12149Bradley Cooper, Zach Galifianakis, Ed Helms drink in success of 'Hangover' series
- 10702Oklahoma tornadoes: Woman meets the military officer who shared the clothes off his back
- 8951Oklahoma tornadoes: Thunder reverses the role, takes a turn at cheering on the community
- 8805Hobby Lobby argues case before federal judges
- 8651Blake Shelton's "Healing the Heartland" televised tornado benefit set for Wednesday at Chesapeake Energy Arena
- 8107Story behind the photo: Family members describe desperate search for one another after EF5 twister