Man killed in wreck in north Piedmont
Dayton Power, 39, of Okarche died in a crash Tuesday in north Piedmont, police said.
PIEDMONT — An Okarche man died at the scene of a crash Tuesday evening in north Piedmont, Police Chief Jerry Koester said.
Dayton Power, 39, was driving a car north on Piedmont Road about 6:50 p.m. when a pickup driving west on NW 220 ran the stop sign and slammed into Power's car, Koester said.
The pickup driver, Jeremy Johnson, 18, was treated at a metro hospital and released, Koester said.
Power was wearing a seat belt. Koester said he didn't know if Johnson was wearing a seat belt.
The winter storm had not yet begun to affect the area when the crash occurred, and the roadway was dry, Koester said.
See our commenting and posting policy.
News Photo Galleriesview all
- 12287Oklahoma tornadoes: Plaza Towers Elementary School teacher shoved students into bathroom as wall collapsed
- 11384Oklahoma tornadoes: Cost, custom keep basements scarce
- 6956Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 6508Finding Addyson – One family's struggle in the Moore tornado
- 4900Downtown wish list includes Super Target
- 4357OU softball: Sooners inspired by Casey Angle, run-rule Texas A&M
- 3734Oklahoma City pastor will face trial in fatal shooting of son-in law