Red Cross says no aid requested from New Zealand
The American Red Cross of Central Oklahoma has had inquiries from people who want to donate to earthquake victims in New Zealand, but the Red Cross there has not sought international aid.
Officials with the American Red Cross said they are not accepting donations to help with recovery efforts after the recent earthquake in New Zealand because money has not been requested.
Rusty Surette, a spokesman for the American Red Cross of Central Oklahoma, said the local office has had calls from people asking where they can donate money.
The national headquarters for the American Red Cross said donations aren't being accepted because the New Zealand Red Cross has not asked for international assistance.
News Photo Galleriesview all
- 10457Oklahoma tornadoes: Cost, custom keep basements scarce
- 9286Oklahoma tornadoes: Plaza Towers Elementary School teacher shoved students into bathroom as wall collapsed
- 5848Downtown wish list includes Super Target
- 4983Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 4420Oklahoma City pastor will face trial in fatal shooting of son-in law
- 4301Oklahoma tornadoes: Price family recovering after some heavy blows
- 4216How to help tornado victims