Mid-Del School Board votes to sell two elementaries
The Midwest City-Del City School Board voted unanimously Monday night to sell Sooner Rose Elementary, Traub Elementary and the eastern Oklahoma County district's enrollment building. There was no discussion before the vote, which was taken at a special board meeting.
Braelyn Polite shook his head and covered his eyes. The 12-year-old cried into his mother's shoulder. His elementary school — the one his older brother attended and his younger brother still goes to — had been put up for sale.
His mom, Nikki, wiped tears from her eyes as she talked about volunteering there with other parents.
“There's nothing wrong with that school,” she said.
News Photo Galleriesview all
- 90847Oklahoma weather: Severe storm updates
- 47098Oklahoma tornadoes: 'It took it all'
- 38051Oklahoma devastated by second round of twisters
- 30921Oklahoma State football: Limiting Wes Lunt's transfer options makes Mike Gundy look bad
- 13823Oklahoma City tornado so large, may not be recognized, officials say
- 12196Several kids pulled out of Oklahoma school rubble alive
- 11468How to help tornado victims