Kendall Hunter happy with performance in front of NFL scouts
STILLWATER — Kendall Hunter was content with his overall performance at the NFL Combine.
Yet, the former Oklahoma State running back wasn't content with his 40-yard dash time, having run a 4.53 in the 40-yard dash in Indianapolis.
Videoview all videos
Photoview all 18 photos
NewsOK Related Articles
“I did pretty good overall at the combine,” Hunter said. “(But) I wanted to get my 40 time down.”
On Wednesday at Boone Pickens Stadium, Hunter was looking to run faster in front of a group of roughly 20 NFL scouts. Hunter didn't drastically improve his time on Wednesday morning — running in cold, windy conditions — but the Cowboys All-American was pleased with his effort.
“I feel like I ran pretty well,” said Hunter, who was clocked at several different times ranging from 4.49 to 4.53 with the wind and 4.54 to 4.58 against the wind.
Hunter's performance during the NFL Draft process has been superb. At the combine, the 5-foot-7, 200-pounder had 24 reps of 225 pound in the bench press; recorded a 35-inch vertical jump; 10-foot, 2-inch broad jump; 4.21 20-yard shuttle; and 6.74 three-cone drill.
Those numbers were so impressive Hunter chose to participate in position drills and the 40-yard dash only during OSU's pro day.
The Tyler, Texas, native was solid in position drills. He showed his ability to catch the ball and even displayed his punt return abilities by catching some punts during his workout.
Sports Photo Galleriesview all
- 34808Oklahoma weather: Crews work to clear storm damage in Oklahoma City as the state braces for severe weather Sunday.
- 28627Oklahoma Severe Storm Updates
- 6992Wild hogs continue to be a growing menace across Oklahoma
- 6680OKC Thunder GM Sam Presti won't amnesty Kendrick Perkins
- 4639Tornadoes hit Kan., Okla.; no injuries reported
- 3921OKC Thunder: Thunder trio praise fans before potential departures
- 3855Student shot dead during botched home invasion