Q&A: Scott Hastings, Nuggets television analyst
Nuggets television analyst Scott Hastings grew up in Independence, Kan., was a 1985 all-American at Arkansas and played 11 years in the NBA.
Do you still keep up with your college coach, Eddie Sutton?
Videoview all videos
Apr 19George Karl says Oklahoma City is the Green Bay of the NBA.
Apr 19Jenni Carlson and Berry Tramel discuss what the Denver...
Photoview all 124 photos
NewsOK Related Articles
Not as often as I do with Patsy (Sutton), we're friends on Facebook. As I do analyst work, it's funny how many times I flashback and say something about how things should be going on the court, and I think back to something coach Sutton taught me, from ball movement to not turning your head on defense.
What made Sutton such a good coach?
Couple of things. He obviously knows the game, his attention to detail. But his communication. The two best coaches I ever played for — coach Sutton and Chuck Daly — were great communicators. Probably the key in the pro game is being able to have that communication. Coach Sutton, he was always the good cop. We had some coaches like Pat Foster and Gene Keady, but coach Sutton was a guy that communicated. Call you into his office and talk to you. His communication with players is just unbelievable.
What do you like about the NBA game?
Sports Photo Galleriesview all
VIDEOS FROM NBA TV
Buy Tickets View all
- 20726Oklahoma medical examiner reports cause of deaths in Grand Lake boat crash
- 16618Oklahoma City Thunder: Amnesty Kendrick Perkins?
- 11933Rockets guard Patrick Beverley bombarded with hateful Tweets after Thunder get eliminated
- 11447Oklahoma State football: Todd Monken thinks Wes Lunt should've stayed in Stillwater
- 10097Oklahoma football: Sooners get pair of commitments
- 9885OKC Thunder: Thunder trio praise fans before potential departures
- 9809Report: OSU blocking Wes Lunt from transferring to the SEC, Big 12 and Southern Miss