Q&A: Thunder power forward Serge Ibaka
After an off shooting night in Game 1, Serge Ibaka bounced back with a 10-point performance on 4-of-6 shooting in Game 2. He added 10 rebounds and two blocked shots.
Videoview all videos
Apr 21Two games into their first playoff series the Thunder is...
Apr 21Riding high with a 2-0 series lead, Scott Brooks and his...
Apr 21Kevin Durant scored a game-high 23 points and OKC led...
Apr 21Darnell Mayberry and Berry Tramel explain how OKC was...
Photoview all 52 photos
NewsOK Related Articles
You guys not only get the win in Game 2 but also win by a big margin. How important was it to score a commanding win?
“That's a big team win. We needed that. We needed to get that confidence before we go to Denver. The first game, we got the win, but we didn't play well like we play. Tonight, we did.”
What changed most between the first and second games?
“Game 1, they started out more aggressive and they made all their first shots. We did good to get back and win the game. We came back tonight, and we were just aggressive tonight in the beginning. I think that was the secret.”
As aggressive as they were coming out in Game 1, did you feel like you needed to have that same level of aggressiveness in Game 2?
“Yeah, yeah, yeah. That's the key.”
For you, it looked like things were flowing a little easier offensively. Did you change anything?
“It was the confidence. If you see the first game, I missed a lot of open shots. My teammates, the coaches, they kept talking to me — ‘Keep shooting.' They believe in me. They know I practice that shot every day. I make that shot in practice. They believe in me. They give me that confidence. That's why I came back tonight and kept shooting.”
Sports Photo Galleriesview all
VIDEOS FROM NBA TV
Buy Tickets View all
- 101218Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 15357OKC Thunder: Kevin Durant tours Moore, meets with residents
- 13402Oklahoma tornadoes: ‘All I could do was sit there and hold her'
- 8724Line of storms brings flash floods to Oklahoma City area
- 8110How to help tornado victims
- 8098Oklahoma tornadoes: Love for Oklahoma generates big donation
- 8041Oklahoma tornadoes: Rams quarterback Sam Bradford leading aid effort